#60 -- The Lion's Busy


Title - The Lion's Busy
Director - Friz Freleng
Released - 1950

Reason for Placement --

For me, Beaky the Buzzard was one of those take-'em-or-leave-'em characters. I didn't jump for joy when his shorts were on, but I enjoyed them all the same. However, The Lion's Busy was a new approach for the character, making him just a bit smarter (like I said, just a bit) and more fun to watch.

Leo the Lion is celebrating his 10th birthday party when he gets a message from Beaky: lions generally do not live beyond 10 years. And now, all the buzzard sees in Leo is his next meal, despite the fact that the lion hasn't even kicked the bucket yet.

In my opinion, this is one of Beaky's best shorts; he is in rare form as he chases after Leo, including a great climax where he actually follows the lion all the way to the moon! All in all, The Lion's Busy is probably not one of Freleng's best pieces, nor most memorable, but it's still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment